Sidechain compression is an essential production technique that you will be using in every session you touch.
After learning to create a track and make a basic mix, it's the natural next step in your electronic music production.
This lesson gives you the essential basics to start doing it on your own and making your low end sound pro.
MAKE YOUR KICK DRUM PUMP
This hands-on Session Lesson™ takes you through the process of setting up a sidechained compressor so you can get that tight, heavy, hard-hitting low end.
- You'll learn how to make your kick drum EXPLODE through the mix, keep your bassline and sub tucked right into place, and clean up your whole low end
- You will know how to get a tight and focused sound that makes your bass thump like the tracks you love
- You'll be able to quickly dial in the right compressor settings to make your tracks pump and swell with energy, instead of sounding flat & lifeless.
- You can stop being confused about what the right settings "should" be.
- You'll understand WHY we change each setting, which enables you to create sidechained sound FX too!
GET THE DETAILS YOU NEED
I go all the way to teach you what you really need to know. Here are a few of the things waiting for you inside:
- What Ratio and Threshold settings to use
- How to fix that annoying click at the start
- How to beatmatch the sidechain pulse
- Why the Input Filter matters
- Exact settings for kick drum & bassline mixing
- Sidechaining for creative sound design FX (like reverbs & synths)
1. An interactive Session Lesson™
Learn by doing it right inside Ableton. This revolutionary tutorial guides you through the learning process with audio instructions, automated examples and hands-on activities.
2. A sidechain compressor FX rack to save:
You'll have it ready to go anytime you want to drop it on a session.
3. Printable In-depth Reference Guides
- Attack, Release & Threshold: What to listen for so you can really hear these settings working.
- Input Filter Setup Process: Explains why the Filter is so critical for setting up your sidechain compressor.
- How to Sidechain a New Sound: Quick start process for you to follow every time you start a new track.
These give you the background theory you need to know about Compression, so you really understand WHY you're making each adjustment.
Let's make sure you have what you need.
- You need Ableton Live9 or Live10 to do this Project. You won't be able to open it with Live8 or anything earlier
- You need a basic understanding of how to use Ableton, for example how to launch scenes and tracks in Session View, and using macros in the Ableton FX racks
- A MIDI controller that has 8 knobs is helpful, but not necessary
- You need a good pair of headphones or studio monitors. Laptop speakers are not enough to hear the bass and understand what is happening.
THERE'S NO RISK
Pay what you want. If you're not completely happy with this SessionLesson™, contact me within 24 hours of purchase and I'll give you a full refund. Thanks for your support.
HOW TO GET STARTED
- Checkout using the secure payment portal below
- Read the Terms of Service and check the box
- Choose your payment method
- Enter your info and complete your purchase to get instant access
It's time to hear your low end thumping tight and solid like you want it to!